EGIS® is also available in 0.8 mm thickness. Its softness and malleability makes it easy to use in laparoscopic operations. EGIS® can easily be passed through a trocar and can be fixated withmetallic or resorbable staples using common staplers.
- Open the box and remove the double sterile packaging.
- Open the outer container and remove the inner sterile container using aseptic technique. The inner container is sterile and can be placed directly into the sterile surgical area.
- Carefully open the inner foil bag and remove the surgical membrane, following aseptic technique. Always use sterile gloves or forceps when handling the membrane.
- Place EGIS® into a sterile bowl filled with sterile saline solution, sterile Ringer’s lactate or sterile Ringer’s solution (room temperature) for a minimum of 5 minutes. Make sure that EGIS® is fully covered by saline solution.
- Keep EGIS® in the sterile solution (at room temperature) until ready to use. The acellular matrix can remain in the sterile solution for a maximum of 4 hours.
- Prepare the implantation site applying accepted techniques.
- EGIS® can be folded and or cut.To maximize integration EGIS® should be placed in contact with well vascularized tissue.
- Insert EGIS® into the implantation site using sterile gloves or sterile forceps.
- Suture the membrane using interrupted permanent sutures.
- Place drains and close incision site using standard local hospital techniques and guidelines.
- Dispose of any unused EGIS® membrane sections following the applicable procedures of the facility and applicable environmental legislation.
Note: Tension and arrangement of the sutures vary by application. A minimum overlap of 2-3 cm with healthy adjacent tissues is recommended.
|Format / Thickness||5 x 5 cm||10 x 10 cm||8 x 15 cm||15 x 10 cm||21 x 12 cm||26 x 18 cm||30 x 21 cm|
|1,5 mm||EG05 – 15||EG10 – 15||EG08 – 15||EG15 – 15||EG21 – 15||EG26 – 15||EG30 – 15|
|0,8 mm||EG05 – 08||EG10 – 08||EG08 – 08||EG15 – 08||EG21 – 08||EG26 – 08||EG30 – 08|